Lucas-Milhaupt 95150 Sil-Fos 15 Brazing Alloy 28 Rod Tube
Overview for Sil-Fos 95150: The best alloy for general purpose copper-copper brazing in the Sil-Fos family. For copper-to-copper joints the phosphorus in the Sil-Fos product serves as the fluxing agent and no seperate flux is necessary. For brass application however, flux is recommended. For use where close fit-ups cannot be maintained Sil-Fos 15 works well to bridge gaps. Highest joint ductility of the entire Sil-Fos family to best withstand the stresses inherent in refrigeration applications. Slow Flow.
Sil-Fos 15 is the preferred alloy for general copper-copper brazing; the phosphorous in the Sil-Fos family serves as a fluxing agent on coper, so no flux is recommended. Sil-Fos 15 can be used with joints where fit up is marginal and is well suited for use in refrigeration applications.
- Name: SIL-FOS 5
- Nominal Composition: Silver 5.00, Copper 89.00, Phosphorous 6.00
- Liquidus: 1495 AF, 813 AC
- Solidus: 1190 AF, 643 AC
- AWS: AWS: BCuP-3
- Joins CU to CU (phosphorus serves as flux)
- Joins CU to Brass (flux is recommended)
- Highest joint ductility of entire Sil-Fos family
- Allows for fillet build up
- Slow flow but penetrates well into long shear depths
- Made in USA
- Safety Data Sheet
- Technical Data Sheet
HVAC/R refrigerant systems, air conditioning coils, evaporator coils.