Robertshaw Safety Series Gas Valves
The Robertshaw® 1720 Series Thermomagnetic Safety Valve is a control used to cut off the flow of gas to the burner in the event of a pilot outage. The magnet assembly is energized by voltage generated by a thermocouple that is heated by the pilot flame. When this flame is extinguished, the thermocouple voltage decreases until a spring overcomes the magnetic force and closes off both the pilot and main gas. This control can be used for commercial and residential ovens, infrared heaters, chicken and pig brooders, recreational vehicle gas appliances and many more applications requiring automatic safety valves.
- 300°F (149°C) ambient temperature rated and 350°F (177°C) versions available
- J models available with separate pilot inlet/outlet tube connections
- K models are pilot outlet only
- Compatible with other Robertshaw models such as the BJWA, FD, and GS series thermostats
- RoHS compliant
- WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.