- Significantly increases mixed water volume
- Greatly decreases tank recovery times
- High limit switch with manual reset
- Easy installation ??" NPT connections
- Exclusive design prevents dry firing
- No additional T&P relief valve needed (Check local code)
- 7 year leakage/3 year parts warranty
- Booster for electric or gas tank water heater Model
- sheathed heating element housed in copper cylinder
- On-demand, continuous hot water
- 99% efficiency
- Flow sensor & electronic control activated for silent operation
- Conveniently mounts on wall
- Engineered and manufactured in Germany
The beauty of heat pump water heating technology is that the amount of electrical energy needed to create hot water is greatly reduced compared to a conventional electric tank type water heater. The efficiency of the unit goes up with increasing ambient air temperatures. This ground breaking efficiency redefines what a water heater is capable of.
In a warm climate, the unit can either be placed in the garage where it takes heat from the ambient air, or inside the house, where it helps with the air conditioning load. In a cooler climate, the unit is typically placed in the basement where it also acts as a dehumidifier. You get hot water at a discount and a dry basement as well.
If the heat pump that is built into the unit alone cannot keep up with the hot water demand then an electric backup element with 1.7 kW loading will automatically activate.
The tankless electric water heater shall be equipped with several copper sheathed heating elements housed in a copper cylinder. The number of heating elements shall be three. The copper cylinder that houses heating elements shall be equipped with a dedicated single pole bimetal type high limit that is attached to the top dome of the cylinder. These safety high limit switches shall have a manual rest that interrupts power at 185??F. The heating elements shall be controlled by a number of triacs (power transistors) which are soldered into the circuit board. The triacs shall be cooled by the incoming cold water. The units shall be equipped with a flow sensor with a miniaturized turbine that feeds the water flow rate information into the main circuit board. The output temperature shall be adjustable between 86??F and 140 ?? F. The temperature adjustment shall be via a knob that is positioned on the front cover. The water connections shall be designed for standard ??" NPT female adapter. The housing of the unit shall be made of high impact polycarbonate plastic. The unit shall conform to ANSI ANSI/UL Std. 499 and be certified to CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 No. 64.
Working Pressure (PSI):